PRIVACY COUNSEL – HEALTHCARE : Multiple Locations,Our global healthcare client has retained Glenmont Group to identify a Privacy Counsel in Atlanta/Dallas/The Woodlands for immediate hire.
The ideal candidate will join a team that has implemented an enterprise-wide, global privacy program that provides leadership in both the risk management and strategic opportunity aspects of data privacy. Responsibilities also include:
• Serving as a legal subject matter expert on privacy & data protection laws, including but not limited to HIPAA, the FTC Act, TCPA, CAN-SPAM Act, state data protection and security breach laws.
• Overseeing the legal evaluation of data incidents and partnering with other CRE members and internal stakeholders to guide their resolution consistent with applicable law and sound business practices.
• Developing privacy-related legal standards for enterprise-level policies and training, and supporting the development and implementation of privacy-related business-specific processes and procedures, training, and other controls.
• Providing privacy-related legal advice concerning business transactions, including performing legal due diligence, recommending appropriate post-integration action steps, and drafting and negotiating applicable language in M&A related contracts and documents.
• Providing privacy-related legal advice regarding marketing activities and web/mobile privacy notices.
• Monitoring and evaluating evolving laws, regulations and industry best practices to help maintain compliance and guide the enterprise and its business units toward opportunity.
• Monitoring and providing strategic legal advice to the Public Affairs team concerning legislative and regulatory developments in emerging areas of data privacy.
• JD from an accredited law school
• Active bar in a US jurisdiction
• 6-10 years as a practicing attorney with a firm and/or in-house experience
• In-depth knowledge of HIPAA and other health care privacy laws
• Experience counseling participants in the healthcare industry, and
• CIPP or similar professional certification (a plus)
• Must be able to travel up to 20%.
Competitive compensation. Can relocate.
Submit your resume for immediate review. Only qualified candidates will receive a response.