In-House Paralegal – Litigation & Legal Operations : Charlotte, NCThere is an immediate opening for a Paralegal in the new Charlotte, NC headquarters to support the Legal Operations function. Working closely with the GC of Global Litigation, the paralegal will be responsible for acquiring and maintaining intellectual control of the company’s historical litigation data. The paralegal will be responsible for creating standard and customized reports based on data extracted from the company’s matter management and electronic billing platforms. The paralegal will also be responsible for supporting litigated matters.
Qualified candidates will have experience in matter management and litigation support tools, off-site records archival systems, web-based legal research tools and eDiscovery applications and technologies.
• Ownership and subject matter expert of matter management and electronic billing system and the data.
• Track and provide data and analytics for Litigation reporting
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc reports
• Create high quality presentations as needed
• Manage and coordinate service of process
• Coordinate and execute activities relating to the identification, preservation and collection of information pertinent to litigated matters
• Send and track Legal Hold notifications
• Assist eDiscovery Manager to plan, schedule and implement electronic collections
• Support Legal Operations function as needed
• Perform other related duties and special projects as assigned by supervising attorney
• Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate experience
• Paralegal Certificate or law degree
• 5 years’ minimum experience
• Knowledge of Case Management, eBilling, Cognos Business Intelligence Software, Passport, Tableau and/or Business Objects
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications:
• Excel – formulas (vlookup), pivot tables, filters, charts, etc.
• PowerPoint – creating and editing presentations with graphics, tables and charts
• Advanced knowledge of discovery processes and technologies such as Exterro Fusion or similar legal hold tools like IBM/PSS Atlas
• Superior research skills including web-based legal research tools
• Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information
• Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
• Superior time management skills; ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a proactive team player
• Demonstrated leadership and relationship-building skills
• Ability to create effective partnerships with employees at all levels within the organization and with outside service providers
Apply today for immediate consideration. All qualified applicants will be contacted.