Business Development Manager, Latin America : New York, NYRoles & Responsibilities Planning & strategy
- Development and execution of LatAm business plans and strategy, including advising partners and associates on delivering business development objectives.
- Development and execution of strategic campaigns/projects which target potential work streams in LatAm.
Winning new business
- Create a key client matrix and action plans for top regional clients.
- Coordinate and support the production of pitches, capability statements and presentations. Identify and track opportunities and facilitate pursuits.
- Coordinate and update the credentials database, ensuring best practice LatAm marketing materials are available to all in the HSF network.
- Provide market information, intelligence and analysis to identify trends and opportunities for partners. Undertake research requests to support client targeting.
- Develop our relationships with local counsel in priority countries. Provide support for co-ordination of meetings with local law firms and clients.
External Communications and Reputation
- Coordinate directory submissions including Chambers, Legal 500, IFLR 1000.
- In conjunction with the marketing and communications team, assist partners in relationships with local press to raise external profile.
- Keep up to date with current issues impacting the regions/sector including building and leveraging relationships with relevant local industry bodies.
- Provide innovative ideas (in-line with market trends) in organizing client events, including on a client or industry basis.
- Work with partners and associates to produce content for clients, including marketing campaigns, using a range of marketing channels.
- Preparation of regular internal reports / strategy papers and quarterly communications to ensure management teams, practices groups, sector teams and other regional practices are informed.
- Update and maintain the LatAm pages of the firm’s external website and the LatAm intranet pages.
- Degree educated or similar level.
- Minimum four years’ corporate law business development experience.
- Demonstrated active interest and familiarity with the LatAm legal market.
- Project management of strategic pitches and procurement led tenders.
- Spanish language skills are highly desirable (written and verbal) but not required.
- Energy, Infrastructure, Mining and/or Finance sector experience is highly desirable.
- Proficient systems skills (experience in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, InterAction).
- The role requires a tenacious approach and the ability to work alongside partners to achieve agreed actions. Takes personal responsibility for getting things done.
- Communicates effectively at all levels, both verbally and written. Assertive in interpersonal relationships, able to liaise with members of the firm at all levels. Ability to connect with stakeholders around the network.
- Excellent organizational skills and high levels of accuracy. Sets and meets challenging deadlines.
- Professional credibility, prompt and attentive.
- Committed, self-motivated and enthusiastic – a flexible team player.
- Approaches challenges with a ‘can-do’ attitude and remains calm under pressure.
Our Business development team works alongside our partners and lawyers across our sectors, services and offices to support and develop our relationships with clients, delivering an exceptional service and exploring new avenues through which we can help them meet their business needs. Our brand, marketing and digital team help position us as thought leaders amongst our target markets in the areas we most want to be known for, by creating intuitive and engaging collateral, events and campaigns.
As part of the business development team, you will play a hands-on role in contributing to the firm’s success and helping to achieve its objectives. This could be as one of our business development professionals, coaching partners on relationship building, or building our brand as one of our marketing, design or events professionals.
If you’re a commercially minded individual with a passion for business development and improving the client experience in a professional services environment, you could be just what we’re looking for.